The mask is made of a textile that contains copper microparticles.
Its composition is:
- 50% POLYCOBRE
- 40% POLYESTER
- 10% ELASTANE
- PARTICULATE FILTER
- 50% POLYCOBRE
- 50% POLYESTER
Copper is a mineral with proven antimicrobial, antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral abilities. EPA, the United States Environmental Protection Agency, has registered it as the first and only metal with antimicrobial properties.
A study published in April 2020 by The New England Journal of Medicine conducted to determine the duration of COVID 19 on different surfaces, concluded that after the first 45 minutes, COVID in contact with copper, disappears afterwards 4 hours.
PERMANENCE OF COVID ACCORDING TO SURFACE
AIR Three hours
COPPER 4 hours
PAPERBOARD 24 hours (one day)
PLASTIC 72 hours (three days)
STEEL 72 hours (three days)
Our masks are designed to fit comfortably on the face and are lightweight.
We recommend washing the mask by hand with warm soapy water to remove dirt. Fabric softeners or bleach should not be used. It should be washed together with products of the same color.
For models 1 and 2, the available sizes are M (women or narrow faces), L (men or thicker faces) and S for children between 4 and 9 years old.
Model 3 has a standard size for adults and a child size.
· DIN ISO 20743: 2013 SANITIZED LABORATORY, SWITZERLAND AFTER 50 WASHINGS THE EFFECTIVENESS DECREASES ONLY 1.5%.
· ISO 20743 ANTIFUNGAL ACTIVITY: FACULTY OF MEDICINE, UNIVERSITY OF CHILE
· ISO 20473 ANTIMICROBIAL ACTIVITY: FACULTY OF MEDICINE, UNIVERSITY OF DEVELOPMENT.
· AATCC 147-2016 MAINTAINS ITS ANTIMICROBIAL EFFECTIVENESS AFTER 50 WASHES, LICTEX LAB, UNIVERSITY OF SANTIAGO DE CHILE.
· CE CERTIFICATION: SANITARY PRODUCT CLASS I, ACCORDING TO EUROPEAN DIRECTIVE 93/42
· BUREAU VERITAS NIOSH - 42 CFR PART 84. FILTRATION
· BUREAU VERITAS: ELECTRO-STATIC TEST, DIELECTRIC RIGIDITY AND ELECTRO-STATIC LEAKAGE CURRENT MEASUREMENT
The N95, KN95, FPP1 and FPP2 Masks are for clinical use and disposable. TCC masks are for CIVIL use and REUSABLE.
Mask model 2 and mask model 3 have particle filters.
A filtration study carried out at the Bureau Veritas Chile Laboratory, showed that the TCC masks filter 68.6% according to the NIOSH standard, for viruses from 3 microns. In the opinion of the person in charge of the laboratory it is a good result for a washable and reusable mask with antimicrobial properties.
We are currently awaiting a response from B. Veritas for a mask model with a higher grammage filter, to increase the level of filtration.
When evaluating the Filtration of the Mask you are looking to buy, it is important to consider the size of the microns that you as a user require. Filter, since in general Viruses and Bacteria measure between 3 and 5 Microns. In the particular case of COVID19, it measures 3 microns.
THE COPPER COMPANY reusable masks maintain their antibacterial and antiviral effectiveness throughout their useful life, which is not eliminated with washing. It is friendly to the environment, unlike a mask that is disposed of daily, generating tons of garbage and pollution in our oceans.
The long life of our masks saves you money.
There is a wide variety of masks that incorporate copper in their product. The important thing when buying is to understand the percentage of the total product corresponds to copper, since several studies reveal that the antimicrobial effectiveness will depend directly on the proportion of copper in the fabric, a mask that has 1% of Copper is not effective compared to those masks that have more than 20% copper.
Points to consider when buying a mask with copper:
- Percentage or concentration of copper in the tissue.
- Years of experience of the company with the use of this type of Technologies.
- Tests regarding incorporated copper and its antimicrobial property.
- Tests on the filtration percentage.
- Size of the filtered microorganisms.
- Number of layers of fabrics used.
- Design and presentation.
- Use experience.